Family Law is the umbrella term for all the laws and rules that protect and regulate the family unit, from the grand-parents to the grand-children. These laws are there to protect family members from abuse, to ensure outcomes are in the best interests of the children and to further regulate custody and maintenance, which includes protections for both mothers and fathers.
The most important aspect of family law however is that the laws and rules should be relied on as a last resort. Swart Attorneys Inc is experienced in navigating the emotional and often turbulent roads that Family Law matters, such as divorces, maintenance, domestic violence or custody can take.
We are also well acquainted and used to appearing in the specialist family law courts, being the Divorce Court, Domestic Violence Court, the Children's Court, Maintenance Court and the High Court.
MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE
- Drafting Ante-nuptial contracts prior to marriage;
- Maintenance and custody/residency of children;
- Pursuing / Defending Maintenance Claims of Children;
- Pursuing / Defending Maintenance Claims of Spouses;
- International Maintenance Claims.
- Custody/residency of children: divorced parents;
- Custody/residency of children: unmarried parents;
- Pursuing / Defending Maintenance Claims;
- Representing Children in Criminal Court;
- Representing Parties during Parental Abduction.
HARASSMENT & DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- Application for Interdicts;
- Defending Interdicts;
- Representation during proceedings.
- Universal Partnership agreements / claims;
First Consultation R 500